Provide the full scope of primary dental services which fall under his/her field of training, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and dental maintenance to patients of all ages. In addition, the dentist is a member of the TELMC team. In that capacity the dentist is expected to be familiar with the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Center and work collaboratively to achieve them. The dentist must be cognizant of, and comply with all Center policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other assignments, project and duties may be required.
1. Obtain health history and perform oral examinations.
2. Diagnose and direct counseling for each patient on a plan for treatment.
3. Perform dental procedures at chairside, as training permits.
4. Prescribe medication in accordance with Florida statue and professional practice guidelines.
5. Direct technical support staff.
6. Comply with the TELMC Infection Control plan which includes personally utilizing universal precautions. Ensure compliance by support staff.
7. Adhere to productivity standards and meet at least the minimum requirement.
8. Arrange referral for patients requiring services not offered at TELMC.
9. Participate in community outreach and off-site dental programs in the TELMC service area as assigned by the Dental Director.
10. Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings and other clinical meetings.
11. Assist in updating protocols and principles of practice as required.
12. Assist in outside dental public relations functions.
13. Performs other reasonable tasks as requested by the Dental Director.
1. D.D.S. or D.M.D. from an approved dental school
2. Current Florida State dental license
3. Maintain current CPR education card
Internal Number: 1234
About Langley Health Services
Langley Health Services is a busy Federally Qualified Community Health Center with locations in Ocala, Sumterville and our most recent expansion into Citrus County. In addition to dentistry, we have radiology (including on-site MRI, CT, ultrasound, mammography, etc.), pharmacy, walk-in-clinic, pediatrics, family practice and podiatry. Our location is within an hour of Orlando with its many attractions as well as a short drive to either coast.